The Grammar 5 Handbook is designed to follow The Phonics Handbook and the Handbooks for Grammar 1 to 4.
It provides extensive photocopiable material and a wealth of practical advice for teaching children.
The Grammar 5 Handbook is intended to:
- extend and refine the children's understanding of the grammar already taught
- introduce new elements of grammar, such as the past participle, transitive and intransitive verbs, phrasal verbs and the perfect tenses
- teach new spelling patterns systematically, with particular emphasis on prefixes, suffixes and root words.
- improve vocabulary and comprenhension, and introduce homographs, homonyms and heteronyms
- further develop dictionary and thesaurus skills
- reinforce the teaching in The Grammar 4 Handbook.